The New Fortune Magazine has released its 2023 China’s 500 richest people list. It includes founders of large tech companies, as well as all three founders of Genshin Impact maker miHoYo.
According to the New Fortune Magazine, Zhong Shanshan, founder of bottled water company Nongfu Spring, is the richest person in China with an estimated net worth of 456.2 billion yuan ($64.7 billion).
And here is how miHoYo’s key executives are ranked on the list:
- CEO Cai Haoyu (#54) — 55.35 billion yuan ($7.87 billion);
- President Liu Wei (#114) — 30.51 billion yuan ($4.34 billion);
- Vice President Luo Yuhao (#119) — 28.89 billion yuan ($4.11 billion).
Combined, they are worth 114.75 billion yuan ($16.32 billion). It is also worth noting that miHoYo’s angel investor Song Tao is also on the list at #180 with a net worth of 20.25 billion yuan ($2.88 billion).
Other businessmen related to the games industry include:
- ByteDance founder and CEO Zhang Yiming (#2) — 310.5 billion yuan ($44 billion);
- Tencent co-founder CEO Pony Ma (#4) — 238.95 billion yuan ($33.93 billion);
- NetEase founder and CEO William Ding (#7) — 146.85 billion yuan ($20.85 billion);
- Bilibili CEO Chen Rui (#469) — 8.2 billion yuan ($1.16 billion);
- Perfect World founder Chi Yufeng (#473) — 8.16 billion yuan ($1.15 billion).
The full list is available on New Fortune’s official website (in Chinese).
Started in 2011 by thre computer science students, miHoYo has become one of the leading game developers globally. The studio found its first success with the launch of free-to-play RPG Honkai Impact 3rd, but accelerated its growth after the launch of Genshin Impact in 2020.
The latter is now one of the highest-grossing titles globally, with a lifetime player spending of over $4 billion (on mobile alone).
miHoYo recently launched its new RPG, Honkai: Star Rail, which topped Genshin Impact in first-day revenue, generating over $6 million in its first 24 hours. Later this year, the company will also launch Zenless Zone Zero, an action RPG with roguelike elements.